by Chántelle Agbro
Who doesn't like haircuts and Rihanna! I know I don’t! The precision and detail that went into this short hairstyle is so unique. I think a lot of people overlook short haircuts because not everyone can pull one off. Facial structure and confidence both go into working a short look. You usually have to express your face and embrace your personality a lot more when wearing a short look opposed to long hair.
Hair is another way people show what they are about because it can either add or take away. Hair symbolizes physical strength and virility; the virtues and properties of a person are said to be concentrated in his or her hair. It is a symbol of instinct, of female seduction, and physical attraction. Baldness may suggest sterility. Flowing hair demonstrates freedom and looseness. The unwilling removal of hair may be a castration symbol. The shorter the hair cut the stronger that female is. It symbolizes the values and virtues a female acts on the most. Scientifically, hair strands can actually place a location to where a person has been.
Hair on differing parts of the body infers different meanings as well:
- Hair of the head: spiritual powers
- Hair of the body: irrational powers.
In addition, different forms of hair also carry differing connotations:
- Loose hair: usually kept by a woman suspected of adultery
- Disheveled hair: a conventional sign of bereavement
- Long hair: is usually associated with a woman, but can mean penitence in a man
- Curly hair: an artist, speaker of many languages
Hair color carries symbols too:
- Golden: related to sun symbolism
- White: eternity
- Red: demoniacal, satanic
- Violet - associated with goddesses
- Brown/Black: chthonic forces
- Green: having to do with the sea, water
Hair is the epitome of someone’s aura and can tell a lot about a person’s mental and physical state.